Almost everyone wishes they could find a way around developing wrinkles in their skin, and some use plastic surgery to delay their onset as long as possible. Wrinkles can develop where the skin is constantly creased, such as the way your faces contorts when you smile, but they also appear where skin is loose or is losing its elasticity. If you can keep your skin healthy, moist and elastic, though, you can help prevent the development of wrinkles.
The need for perfect looking skin has always been present, so no wonder dermatologists have been constantly trying to improve and find new ways to maintain skin to look as youthful and as flawless as possible.
Skin is our biggest organ, the organ which can actually say a lot about your age. Because people have always wanted to maintain their youthful appearance for as long as possible, here are a few steps to help improve skin health.
External factors as well as your diet and lifestyle can affect the appearance of your skin, so if you wish to keep your skin radiant and healthy, make sure you pay as much attention as you can early on, as preventing various skin problems is much easier than having to combat them later in life.
- Your facial skin is much thinner than the skin on your body and also more prone to nature’s negative effects, so it needs additional protection especially because it is constantly exposed to external factors. Protect your skin on a daily basis with moisturizing skin care creams and SPF cream to ensure your skin is hydrated and protected from the dangers of UV light.
- Beta carotene is known for its anti-aging and antioxidant properties, so if you want your skin to look fabulous, make sure you eat plenty of foods that contain this ingredient. Carrots, peaches, apricots, nectarines, sweet potatoes are high in beta carotene, so make sure you make these healthy skin foods part of your diet.
- Selenium is an antioxidant that protects against aging skin, pollution and other factors, so make sure you get plenty of selenium from your food. Fish, red meat, chicken, cereal and oils such as the ones obtained from nuts, seeds and avocado are perfect options to consider when trying to reach your daily intake of selenium.
- Start preventing the effects of aging from early on. Switch your skin care products for anti-aging ones from around the age of 30 to make sure your skin benefits from their rich consistency maintaining it wrinkle free for as long as possible.
- Grimaces can help develop fine lines and wrinkles, so try to avoid making funny faces as much as you can. Avoid making faces by protecting your eyes from too much light by wearing black colored, UV protective sunglasses.
- Red grapes can help maintain your skin looking perfect by eliminating negative effects through their antioxidant properties. Eat plenty of grapes and make sure you get skin care treatments that use grape juice to maintain your skin supple and soft.
- Regular exfoliation of the skin will promote skin cell regeneration and avoid developing pimples as the pores can become clogged with dead skin cells. Turn towards salon treatments or opt for at home exfoliating products, as either way your skin will benefit from the treatments as long as you’re gentle.