Herbal anti-aging face masks have always been a popular product among women. It is not a trend but has gained popularity with more use and effectiveness. These anti-aging herbal face masks provide the skin with nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants which are absorbed through skin. There are many brands in the market offering herbal face masks for anti-aging. However, you must choose the one that suits your skin type best.
Posts Tagged ‘herbal masks’
Taking appropriate care of your skin is very important. As your face represents the outlook of your appearance you always need to keep it fresh and glowing. There are a variety of treatments which you can opt for to clean your face and provide it with a refreshing look. Herbal facial treatments have attained global popularity due to the effective results which they provide. All these treatments have been researched by the experts and found to bring a great feeling of relaxation. Your face gets a rejuvenated look and your appearance stays young as ever.
Herbal Facial Mask
1 tbsp honey
1 raw egg
1 tsp crumbled dried chamomile flowers
1 tsp finely chopped fresh mint
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Apply the mixture to your face and neck. Let dry (10-15 minutes) and
rinse off with warm water.
SENSITIVE SKIN CUCUMBER MASK
This mask is perfect for sensitive skin. Chill it in your fridge before use to make it especially soothing.
1 tablespoon brewer’s yeast
1 tablespoon finely ground oatmeal
1 whole cucumber
2 tablespoons plain yogurt or sour cream
1 teaspoon honey
Mix together the yeast and oats in a small bowl and set aside.
Peel the cucumber and place it in a small food processor and process until only liquid remains. Add the yogurt and honey and process further to mix. Add the brewer’s yeast and oats to the cucumber/honey mixture and process to mix fully. To use, apply to clean face and neck skin and leave on for anywhere from 15 minutes to a half hour. Rinse well and follow with toner and moisturizer.
QUICK CUCUMBER PARSLEY FACIAL
The next time you make a salad, set aside just 3 tablespoons of basic ingredients, and you’ve got yourself a quick facial, to be enjoyed while soaking in the tub before bed. You cannot get any easier, or quicker, than this.
1 Tbsp. Plain yogurt
1 Tbsp. Cucumber
1 Tbsp. Parsley
Puree (or use your handy rotating chopper — you know you bought one) the cucumber and parsley finely and mix with the yogurt until smooth. Cover your face with this creamy mask. This will rejuvenate your skin as it moistens. Leave the mask on for approximately 15-20 minutes for best results. Rinse with water. Do not store this mixture. Especially over a long weekend.
GRAPEFRUIT & PARSLEY FACE MASK
Grapefruit and parsley are both effective and refreshing astringents, perfect for oily skin.
3 tablespoons very fine oatmeal (whirl oatmeal in a food processor, if necessary)
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 large grapefruit
olive or sunflower oil
Mix 3 tablespoons of very fine oatmeal with two tablespoons of chopped parsley in a bowl. Add juice from half of a large grapefruit until you have a soft paste. Let the mixture rest 5 minutes. Spread soft mixture over your face and let dry for approximately 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Follow with toner and moisturizer.
Spending a bomb to buy a facial product with claims of having all natural ingredients for beautiful skin and having drastic results on its usage is very depressing for any beauty conscious woman. We see wide varieties of cosmetics available in supermarkets, department stores, health food stores as well as internet and TV.
Not everybody has the same skin type. What product works on your friend’s skin, might not work for you and vice versa. If you buy a product for your skin type, it could have adverse effect as there could be some chemical or ingredient which could cause a reaction on your skin. Moral of the story – “Not all cosmetic products work well for everyone’s skin”.
Cosmetics labeled as having “natural ingredients” do contain some amount of artificial chemicals or elements. With over priced cosmetics made from natural ingredients, many people have started preparing beauty products at home. Making a facial mask at home with all the ingredients available in the kitchen is quite easy and inexpensive.
– Create a salon like atmosphere while doing a facial at home. Ideally they tie your hair in high ponytail or make you wear a band around head. Choose to do what ever you feel comfortable about.
– Start by splashing tepid water all over your face. Massage your face gently with water. Repeat it twice or thrice and let your face air dry.
– While your face is still damp, massage vitamin E on your face. Let your face soak the oil for 5 minutes or so. Use a mild soap to remove the oil from your face.
– Again splash your face with water at room temperate. Repeat it for 2 or 3 times. Avoid towel drying your face.
– Next make your facial mask. Blend 1 egg white or fresh Aloe Vera juice of same quantity, 2 tsp vegetable oil and 1 tsp pure apple juice in a clean bowl.
– Dip your hands in the facial mask and apply the mask to your skin. Start with your chin, move upwards and then outwards skipping the area around the eyes and lips.
– Now you have to just sit back and relax. Cover your eyes with wet cotton balls or cucumber pieces. The mask has to dry completely. An ideal time for a small nap.
– Mask takes anywhere from 20 – 30 minutes to dry. You feel your skin tightened when the mask is dry. Splash water all over face and gently remove the mask with light massage strokes on your face. Continue doing this till your face is cleared of the entire home made facial mask. Let your face air dry.
Use this home made facial mask once or twice a week or depending up on the time you have on hand. You will feel fresh and have much younger looking face all the time.