Keeping Skin Healthy
The market today is flooded with beauty products. Everywhere you look, another new product is on the shelf (or on the website). So, how does one choose which is the best product for them? If you are inclined to treat your skin naturally-meaning without harsh chemicals-then organic or natural skin care may be the best for you. Not only do these products help your skin in a more balanced, natural way, they are also much less harmful to yourself and the environment.
Below are five basic steps in keeping skin healthy, along with the use of organic skin care products.
Eat and maintain a balanced diet. Fruits and vegetables contain vitamins and minerals that help you maintain a healthy skin the natural way. Avoid processed and greasy foods. Familiarize yourself with healthy, organic food that you enjoy and will promote better health. Supplements will also provide assistance in keeping your whole body healthy. Keeping the entire body healthy is the primary key for healthy cells. This is the most important organic skin care tip. Skin can only look as good as the nutrients you feed your body. The skin is the primary conduit for the liver to process toxins.
1. Drink plenty of water. A huge percentage of the body is composed of water. Water intake will help you clean the body. Water also hydrates the body and helps prevent dry skin. Well-hydrated cells function well. Cells that function well can help maintain youth. The more active a person is, the more water he/she needs. Eight glasses of water a day is the recommended amount of water intake, however, as for athletes and energetic people, more is needed to replace the fluid they excrete through perspiration. There is no replacement to drinking plenty of water and this is not only a great organic skin care rule but a great habit to adopt.
2. Exercise. Aside from a boost in energy, moderate work outs promote blood circulation and increase oxygen in the blood stream. Both help in maintaining the youth of your skin.
3. Wash your face with mild cleansing products. Cleansing products with strong substances can harm cells. Ensure that you use clean water when washing the cleansing products off your skin. Don’t rub your skin vigorously with the towel – it irritates the skin. Wipe gently with soft cloth. Organic skin care products are milder than those with synthesized or processed ingredients and don’t need to be scrubbed off.
4. Use organic skin care products when possible. Products with natural ingredients will clean you r skin just as well as those full of chemicals. The closer the ingredients are to their natural state, the less harmful for your skin. Most organic products work with the body’s natural process in fighting harmful elements and potential diseases as opposed to chemically forcing the skin to respond to treatment.
5. Moisturizers are recommended for all skin types. Even oily skin loses its natural moisture after using harsh cleansing products. If your skin is not properly moisturize, it will dry and age faster. Toners help in cleaning traces of dirt and cosmetics not easily removed with the use of cleansers. Try to use a product containing zinc or a natural sunblocking agent to protect your face from the harmful UVB rays of the sun.
Organic skin care gives you the greatest opportunity to have a healthy skin, without using harmful ingredients. The appearance of your skin indicates the state of your health. If you are suffering from acne or any other skin condition, try treating it from the inside out first. Give your body a chance to balance itself with healthy foods and supplements before you spend hundreds of dollars on topical treatments. Your skin is your body’s armor, protecting your from the elements. Help it do its job.